2024年8月9日金曜日

Using "Can I" to Make Requests and Suggestions

"Can I" is a common phrase used to make requests or suggestions in English. It's a relatively informal way to express yourself.

Making Requests

  • Direct requests:
    • "Can I borrow your pen?"
    • "Can I have another piece of cake?"
  • Asking for permission:
    • "Can I leave early today?"
    • "Can I go to the party?"
  • Offering help:
    • "Can I help you with those bags?"
    • "Can I open the door for you?"

Making Suggestions

  • Suggesting an action:
    • "Can I suggest we order pizza?"
    • "Can I recommend trying this new restaurant?"
  • Offering an opinion:
    • "Can I just say that I think..."
    • "Can I offer a different perspective?"

Note: While "can I" is often used for requests and suggestions, there are times when "could I" is more polite or formal.

Example:

  • "Can I borrow your car?" (more informal)
  • "Could I possibly borrow your car?" (more formal)

Would you like to practice using "can I" in some sentences?

--------------------------------------------

Can I cut in?

ちょっと口をはさんでもいい?

Can I talk to you now?

今話し掛けてもいい?

Can I have a bite?

一口もらっていい?

Can I have a menu again?

もう一度メニューを見せてもらえますか?

Can I have some?

すこしもらってもいい?

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿